Matt...the Actor?

Thursday, July 31, 2008

So I have always had an interest in acting, but never really explored it in any form.

About 6-7 years ago a professor at my college set me up with a local casting director who mainly focused on filling extra spots for local shoots but also on occasion had some good spots to fill.

He immediately booked me for 2 seperate gigs, both belonging to the WWE or at the time they were still the WWF I believe.

They were international commercials promoting two different pay per view events.

the first one, if you look closely, you can see me (about 80lbs heavier) getting speared in the middle of the ring by a little person.



The second one you can see my face and my wonderful acting skills - the look of astonishment - still about 40lbs heavier than I am now.



Both of these were fun to do, but on set I was way more interested in their cameras, lights and other various production equipment. Between takes and during breaks I would find myself behind the scenes trying to help out, asking if they needed anything and just learning. I find myself much more comfortable behind a camera than in front of one although I wouldn't mind trying to act in some form in the future!

From this casting director I did get a few more offers, a few main stream movies as an extra (Stepford wives) and one speaking role in a national commercial, but with business being so busy I have had to turn down most things that come my way. Did I have a future as an actor? Probably not...but I had fun being an extra while it lasted!

0 comments: