A Wedding Painter

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Last night I had the pleasure of shooting Tricia and Brian's wedding in NYC. The reception was held at Bridgewaters down by the south street sea port.

The wedding was beautiful - beautiful decor, beautiful place, beautiful everything! One thing that stood out though was they had hired a wedding painter!

This man stood there and painted a portrait all night of the dancefloor/view and incorporated people into it as the night went on - bridesmaids, guests, parents, etc.

I asked him when he planned on painting the bride and groom and he mentioned during their first dance so I thought I would set up a second camera on a tripod...zoom in to where I thought he would paint them, hit record, walk away and pray no one gets in the way of the shot, this was the result!

A Wedding Painter from Matthew Fink on Vimeo.

The Artists name is Martin A. Hardy and you can see his work at www.hardyboyart.com.



4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Matt. That is very cool! Wish I had known about him when I got married. It was good to see you at the weddings a couple weeks ago. I'm looking forward to seeing the video trailers!

Unknown said...

Awesome. It was great working with you on this wedding, (as usual).

Jerome said...

who is "digital photography"
Sorry I logged in to an old account..

Candace Jeffery Photography said...

Wow! That looks incredible! It was very nice meeting you at that wedding. I hope to work with you again soon! (Oh, did you book Lindsey, the bride I sent your way?)