Why I love what I do

Wednesday, September 17, 2008


Alison and Tim from Matthew Fink on Vimeo.

I know I haven't been too good with keeping up with this, but I promise to get better - especially after next month when wedding season starts to wind down!

Above is small video from Alison and Tim's wedding - and this small clip with no sound that just says it all. Alison looks at Tim and mouths "I love you" to him. Such a small moment, but such a huge impact! You can get this kind of stuff in pictures!

I am not saying pictures aren't needed by any means - they are definitely needed and important and do an entirely different thing then video does - but video is also as important and needed. With video you can see and hear the day as if you were there all over again.

A few weeks ago I had a request from a couple from 2 years ago. In their raw footage was a shot of their grandparent's dancing together with the rest of the family. One grandparent was in a wheelchair and on oxygen so he couldn't go to the dance floor so they brought the dancing to him. Unfortunately he has since passed and the Groom thought it would be awesome to put that clip online for all his family to see their grandfather, father, brother and friend in full motion, to see him move and smile and enjoy himself and to relive a wonderful memory they all have of him.

Please pass this along to anyone you know getting married - you dont have to tell them to use me as their videographer (although that would be nice!) but to let them know the importance of having your day captured on video professionally.

Something so small as an I love you caught on tape means so much - and it makes me realize how important my job really is and how much I really love what I do!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the video tease! This is why we loved having such an amazing videographer, like you Matt, to capture all those specials moments from the most special day of our lives! Tim and I can't wait to see more!!!